Intervener Activity Process

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:55 AM by Stephen MacKinnon

I have posted a diagram of the components of the Intervener Activity in the Files area.

Does it make sense?

This post was edited on: 2014-01-20 at 10:15 AM by: Stephen MacKinnon (Moderator)

4 Replies

Gordon Harrison
Jan 19, 2014 at 4:07 PM

I like it. I wanted to clarify — does this overall activity only go as far as preparing and submitting a statement of concern and being granted intervener status or not‚ i.e., it doesn't go as far as a hearing (with maybe preparing for the hearing and the hearing activities we develop later on). Still on the last step, does this step include they're been given intervener status or not — and how?

Stephen MacKinnon
Jan 19, 2014 at 4:37 PM

This activity covers only the steps of applying for intervener status.

The form you submit is called a Statement of Concern. I have uploaded it to the file section.

This activity ends with the decision of whether you get intervener status or not. This decision (with reasons/feedback) could be made by the teacher, a panel of students, a panel of expertise or another class.

This all happens before a hearing. The hearing itself is not part of this activity.

Ellen Francis
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I have uploaded a one pager describing just the basics (with no editorial comments) on becoming an intervener to an oilsands project application.

I am a bit unclear as to where to post files. Stephen, I can't see where you posted your file. I posted to the assignment "hearing simulation role-play", as it is part of the bigger assignment. I think that this is one thing that we can work on with Cool… it isn't completely iterative. I am getting lost when I come back every time. I know that this says something about me smile but I also think that some teachers will be challenged like me. Is this discussion linked to the assignment? Can it be?

Also, lots of stuff still coming up in Spanish.

I still have the copy with more details and opinions and also information about hearings. We can save that for the next lesson.

I will continue to post throughout the day.

Cheers,
Ellen

Stephen MacKinnon
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Ellen

I put the process diagram (and activity instructions) in Files in a folder called Intervener Activity. Sorry I should have been more explicit.

I see your 1 pager and I will put it into the assignment when I create it.

Michael has fixed the 2 incidences of Spanish. Please let me know if you see any today.

Stephen