Activity S1 - ''First Impressions".

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:37 PM by Mandeep Atwal

What were your initial feelings after you saw the first set of photos? After the second? How does the forest change after deforestation?

Summarise your thoughts and feelings in this class Discussions.

11 Replies

Cody Melvin
Aug 25, 2010 at 2:48 AM

The photos are a mixture of beauty and amazement. How can we destoy this we have to do something

LinakerKarissa
Aug 25, 2010 at 2:51 AM

The first set of slides showed how wonderful the envionment around us can be. big grin

The second slides, however, show the damage that we, as the world's population, are doing to destoy the planet.sad

The forest has big gaping holes in it after deforestation.

Luke Myors
Aug 25, 2010 at 2:52 AM

This series of pictures showed me exactly why I and you should care about our enviroment becuase if we dont we have lost all that is important to us like our animals, civilisations and especialy us becuase we are the future of the earth and we must protect the enviroment that supports us all, without it we may as well all be savages on a dead world! DO YOU CARE?.

jordon kendall
Aug 25, 2010 at 2:56 AM

i think after watching that slide show thing i really feel for the enviornment and i think YOU PEOPLE SHOULD CARE TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!crying

Darcie Nichols
Aug 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM

The first slide shows us how amazing and fragile the environment really is and then in the second slide, we can see how much humans effect the environment and we just destroy it so we can have more benifits.
Its not fair for the animals!!!!!!!!!!!

Lilli Vos
Aug 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM

smile the first pictures i saw were really pretty, and the forest looked really healthy and all the animals looked happy. The amimals looked happy in their homes, and its really sad to think that people could take their homes and families off them. We are destroying our world.sad

Jessica Gare
Aug 26, 2010 at 9:38 PM

The forest looked so beautiful; it looked like a picture of beauty. It had so many colours and looked so clean. How could someone want to destroy such an amazing thing?

Darcy Robinson
Aug 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM

The first set of photos were so beautiful, cute and gorgeous. How can these people cut these trees downsad. The people that live in these areas are so lucky to live near these amazing creatures but all they do is destroy the areas they live in. I guess its kinda understandable - would you sacrafice you and your children's lives for some animals??
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darcy

Jaimie Lee
Aug 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM

The first slide showed a part of our Earth, untouched, nothing man-made to be seen for kilometres! The second slide showed an environmental disaster! In the same place it had gone from a perfect area of just forest to a burning, smouldering, dead forest. The effect we as humans have of the environment is devastating please help us change! crying

Maddy Lyon ;D
Aug 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM

when i saw the first set of images it made me really happy to see the vast forests and colourful flowers. it makes one think the world is all like this and always will be, no matter how we treat it. the animals were young,undisterbed and peacful. smile

Benjamin Copeland
Sep 13, 2010 at 4:40 AM

i thourght the images in the first set were beautiful and full of life. but in the second set it showed the horrific nature of what humans are doing but we rarely find out about. we never stop and think about how trees could have grown where we are standing now.

This post was edited on: 2010-09-13 at 04:41 AM by: Heartless

This post was edited on: 2010-09-13 at 04:49 AM by: Heartless