How FCDS promotes sustainability

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:38 PM by Josie Hanes

At FCDS, we try to promote sustainability in as many ways as possible. One way is the recycling that our class does. The class is divided into different groups and each group has a specific are of the school where we recycle the trash from each classroom. Another way we promote sustainability are with the censored lights in each room. These lights shut off automatically if no one is in the room working or they turn on once someone enters the room. Each of these help benefit the environment.

4 Replies

monikad17
Jan 9, 2014 at 12:57 AM

i think its really cool that your school does a lot of little such as turn of the lights when you leave your room to make as big difference in the environment. its also really cool how your class recycles a lot smile

sophiec17
Jan 9, 2014 at 12:58 AM

I wish we had those lights in our school! I don't think most of us have heard of those before. It's really nice how your class is assigned to different areas; so that way more trash gets recycled~

alexisb17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:00 AM

WWooaahh! I really think the censored lights are super cool! smile At CISM, we also recycle and everyone to do the same! This is one of the most simple and basic yet sufficient ways to save the environment.

johnt17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:00 AM

I find recycling one of the most practical and modern solutions anyone from any background is capable of carrying out, in all aspects of the school and the office. It really just depends on initiative and the creativity and sustainability of the project, especially if there is a consistent promotion and management of these projects by an authoritative, responsible group. I am highly intrigued by the censor lights you mentioned, and I wish our school could receive benefit of following that idea!