Sustainability in CISM

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:46 AM by philipe17

CISM continues to more into paperless work in such a paper-driven environment which helps in recycling. CISM's staffs also recycles paper that have a blank page on the back unless, the paper has private information such as grades and is immediately disposed of. CISM allows telecommuting as some jobs do not need their presence in the office and may work from home. This reduces the persons "carbon footprints" by zero for the day. This also saves gas, their productivity rate is increased since they are working from their homes and work no longer needs to be submitted under the eight hour period but before the day ends. The school retains a conscious effort to promote the use of biodegradable materials throughout the whole system. For example, the use of "alternative" materials as compared to toxic materials harmful to both the students and environment.

3 Replies

Katie Pope
Jan 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM

I find it very interesting that certain employees can work from home, which doesn't happen at our school. Forsyth also works hard to recycle, but I feel that we could both further improve our efforts. Recycling also requires energy,which is why reusing paper is extremely important versus strictly recycling.

Gray Townsend
Jan 8, 2014 at 2:57 PM

The telecommuting process that occurs at your school is a very compelling topic. Telecommuting does not occur much at our school, but the results of telecommunication show that this is a method that should definitely be used more. The decrease in our carbon footprint is key into creating a more sustainable environment.

Emily Calloway
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:51 PM

I think that it is very good that people from your school work at home. I think that would be really cool if Forsyth could have employees working from home!