Promoting Sustainability

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:48 PM by Andrew

FCDS promotes sustainability in many different ways all over campus. By laying recycling bins all over campus, we get the word out to make sure people are recycling their bottles and keeping the campus free of mess. Also, the engineering class built solar panels to put on top of our Fury Cafe to use sunlight as a use of energy. Finally, FCDS promotes sustainability through the student body by making them aware of the issues of recycling to help ensure a healthier and more efficient campus.

6 Replies

monikad17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:00 AM

its awesome how your schools engineering class was able to built solar panels to make your school more eco friendly. ive also noticed that your school is very big on recycling which is so cool!

johnt17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Wow, that is fascinating how you guys have solar panels on top of your cafe, and having solar panels at all! It is a somewhat expensive venture into environment friendliness, but the long-time effects are greatly beneficial. As for awareness, I believe that this is one of the greatest way to keep the entire student body active and conscientious over the importance of environment care.

lancep17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:04 AM

It interesting to know that you are recycling bottles and keeping your environment clean. It is also cool that you were able to maximize your resources, and was able to make a solar panel for your electricity.

sofiao17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Our school pretty much does the same thing. We have recycling bins on every floor. What we don't have is the solar panels, which I hope to have in our school in the future.

Gray Townsend
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:51 PM

The promotions of sustainability that you discussed are very compelling. Your ideas are fairly similar to mine as well. I think we should continue to grow our recycling program. do you have any ideas for ways we can grow our recycling program?big grin

william herzberg
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I like your idea that keeping recycling bins around school keeps the school clean to go along with what goes on in the actual recycling process.