Promoting a Sustainable Environment For FCDS

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM by Ruthie Britton

At Forsyth Country Day School, one of the many things that we do to promote a sustainable environment is using the food service "Flik". Flik promotes healthy eating in Independent Schools along with trying to be friendly to the environment and community around them. Flik uses fresh foods as much as possible, and aims to stay away from any processed or artificial flavoring food. Flik also tries to promote the local environment in which they are located in by buying their fresh, seasonal products from local markets and farmers. By having Flik Food Service as a part of our school, we are able to remain sustainable and protect the environment around us.

4 Replies

monikad17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:04 AM

it is amazing how your school offers a healthier option for food. allowing students to have a healthier lifestyle is good because it allows students to be healthier and more aware to the environment because they are eating more naturally made food. i also find it very cool that Flik is able to promote the local environment.

johnt17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:08 AM

This "Flik" food service of yours sounds more interesting than I can imagine. I'd like to ask, is this service run and managed by the school, or was it originally a food service outside of school that worked with you to provide the food? However, the fresh foods and "anti-"artificial/processed food-making idea is great, and it is one idea our own cafeteria is watching very closely.

johnt17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:08 AM

This "Flik" food service of yours sounds more interesting than I can imagine. I'd like to ask, is this service run and managed by the school, or was it originally a food service outside of school that worked with you to provide the food? However, the fresh foods and "anti-"artificial/processed food-making idea is great, and it is one idea our own cafeteria is watching very closely.

daniellel17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:13 AM

I think using fresh foods rather than processed ones is a wonderful way to sustain your environment, while also helping improve the health of your school's community!