How our school promotes sustainability

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:54 AM by william herzberg

Our school makes a strong effort to promote sustainability with its core being our honors sustainability course. Many signs are posted throughout the school promoting awareness of recycling. Signs will tell people what they can and cant recycle and there are tons of recycling bins throughout the school. Our environmental club has also orchestrated a school wide clean up day to promote sustainability and show students the amount of trash buildup around our school and the importance of recycling.

2 Replies

renu17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Since I'm still a freshman in highschool, I don't really know much about the "sustainability course" and honestly this is the first time I've even heard of something like that. The signs are especially helpful, mostly because some people, people like me, always get confused whether something is biodegradable, non-biodegradable or recyclable or not. The nice thing about your clean up day is that it gets a majority of your student population to help clean your school area. Our school is relatively small and we only have one building and a small parking lot so it doesn't take much effort to clean up around here.

Ruthie Britton
Jan 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM

I'm glad that our school has a lot of recycling bins so that we don't waste as much paper and other recyclable products by throwing them into trash cans. I'm also glad that there are signs around the school so that everyone stays informed about the importance of recycling and keeping our campus clean!