How our school promotes sustainability

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:41 AM by Brynlee Parker

At Forsyth Country Day we promote sustainability in various ways. One way is that we have recycling bins placed all around campus so that students can recycle all materials that should be recycled. Another way is the motion censored lights in many bathrooms on campus to prevent lights being on when no one is using he bathroom which wastes energy. We also have an environmental club that discusses the ways to have a more sustainable campus and works to carry out these strategies.

5 Replies

bryano17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:04 AM

It's very impressive how your school's bathrooms have motion censored light as this will cut down electricity cost and resources being used. Maybe your school could put this inside classrooms, especially the ones that are not being used. big grin

bryano17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:04 AM

It's very impressive how your school's bathrooms have motion censored light as this will cut down electricity cost and resources being used. Maybe your school could put this inside classrooms, especially the ones that are not being used. big grin

sofiao17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:09 AM

That's cool! Our school does the same things. We also have recycling bins on every floor of the school. And we also have clubs that discuss ideas on how to sustain our school's environment.

nathanb17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:16 AM

I find it great that your school has its own solar panels as it would lessen the need to rely on local power stations to supply your school with energy.

johnt17
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:18 AM

I am so amazed about these sensor lights! We have nothing much incorporated in our school that relies on sensor, and rather, physical hand work and maintenance; so it is really inspiring to read about this. As for the environmental club, I believe we also had one, but it is just that the entire student body is not aware of the existence of one, me personally included.