Ideas for Collaboration

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:00 AM by Andy Clifton

Please share ideas for collaboration between The Chinese International School and Forsyth Country Day School.

22 Replies

Morgan Boyer
Nov 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I would really like to see our students team up with eachother to work collaboratively toward finding a common threat the the ecosystem of our homes. When this threat is determined, I think I would be interesting to work with eachother to determine some kind of solution that works for both issues!cool

Sydney Browder
Nov 6, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I think it would be interesting to explore the opposite school's ecosystem to solve one of the problems in their ecosystem. This way, we would be learning about each other's environment as well as learning how to solve environmental problems in general.

Katie Pope
Nov 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM

As the primary school in this project, I feel that we could discuss common ecosystem problems and ways with which we could improve upon them. I think a great way of starting the discussion would be for each other to describe their ecosystems and certain areas where improvement is needed; we could then brainstorm ways to make these improvements a reality.

Madison Brown
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I agree with Syndey. I think it's a great idea to explore the opposite school's ecosystem to solve one of the problems in their ecosystem and the other school could do the same. By doing this, both schools are involved equally and are being challenged to explore the opposite ecosystem. Each school learns about the other schools surrounding environment and is challenged to solve their problem.

Ruthie Britton
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I think before we are able to collaborate and help each other's environments, we need to learn about them. Maybe if our class and the other class made a video where everyone talks and contributes information on our environment then it would be a fun and effective way to work with the other school. We can send the video to them and they can send one to us, and then from there we can find similarities and differences in each environement so that we can pick one cause to really focus on.

Ruthie Britton
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I think before we are able to collaborate and help each other's environments, we need to learn about them. Maybe if our class and the other class made a video where everyone talks and contributes information on our environment then it would be a fun and effective way to work with the other school. We can send the video to them and they can send one to us, and then from there we can find similarities and differences in each environement so that we can pick one cause to really focus on.

David Hubble
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I think it would be a great idea to find a local threat in each others ecosystem. We could collaborate and find a solution to one or more problems that are slowly destroying it, while allowing us to learn more about each others ecosystem as well as save its environment. This could mutually benefit our schools.

Allen Pickett
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I feel that it would be a good idea to Skype or contact each other directly and brainstorm mutual problems in our ecosystems, which we can both relate to. Then, we could choose one or two problems and work together to solve them. big grin

Brynlee Parker
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I think that it is a good idea for both of the schools to spend time learning about the other's environment so that we will know exactly what is destroying both ecosystems. I like Sydney's idea of then finding a solution to a problem in the other school's ecosystem. The schools can keep in touch and give one another reports on how the solutions are working.

Madison Scronce
Nov 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM

It is obvious that we have some similarities and differences in our ecosystems. I think it would be a great idea to find a issue in our ecosystems that we both share and brainstorm how we can help solve the problem.

Gray Townsend
Nov 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Our ecosystems are very different, but there are a few similarities that our schools would be able to look more in to. I think it would be interesting to look at possibly the differences and similarities of a certain part of our ecosystems, such as contrasting the animals, since there are so many to study.

william herzberg
Nov 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM

A way we could collaborate with each other is by having a better understanding of the environment around us through photographs. I think what a lot of students here are lacking is a visual interpretation of our partenring schools surroundings. Getting to know where each other are coming from and what we are working with could help to maximize out collaborative abilities.

Andrew
Nov 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I think it would be fun to team up with the other school and find one problem on the campus and help them solve that problem. In return, the other collaboration school can give us advice on how to make our campus better for the environment.

daniellel17
Nov 10, 2013 at 9:32 PM

A good way for all of us to collaborate and help each other improve our ecosystems, would be to send one another a video of our community. For example, the classes each school could walk around the city and capture the features of our ecosystems on tape. When we send it to the other class, and after watching each others' videos, then we can think-up of ways to improve our ecosystems.

monikad17
Nov 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM

i would really enjoy it if we teamed up with each other to discuss biodiversity and compare and contrast the differences. it would also be nice if we got to discuss common threats in our ecosystems and how to prevent it if it was possible

alexisb17
Nov 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM

We should get to know the problems in our environment and think of probable solutions for this. I agree with Danielle, each school could possibly make and send a video regarding this.

sofiao17
Nov 11, 2013 at 4:46 AM

I think both schools should update each other on projects or efforts initiated by the school for a greener world; regular discussions of both schools if the projects are implemented; regular discussions as well on helping each other to achieve their ultimate goal/objectives of a greener community. Discussions may include project evaluation and suggestions to further improve the projects.

lancep17
Nov 11, 2013 at 5:36 AM

I think we could discuss the different problems and issues in our ecosystem. I think it will help us to learn more about different ecosystem and maybe we can find ways and probable solution to help our environment to be a better place

sophiec17
Nov 11, 2013 at 6:22 AM

We could collectively try to make a website/blog about biodiversity or ecological changes together! We can make posts about how people can change things for the better in their ecoystems and stuff like that. The website/blog could be targeted to students like us~

bryano17
Nov 11, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Well one interesting idea for me is that we can collaborate with each other on projects that would suit our common interests. This would benefit both schools' students learning and even possible friendships.

Josie Hanes
Nov 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I think it would be a good idea to find an issue we both have within our environment and then plan from there a collaboration.

Emily Calloway
Dec 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I think that it would be really neat for our school to converse with the other school over ideas that we could come up with that make our school more efficient and vice versa.